Welcome to our
International workshop on Whole Life Carbon Assessments
Inspiring plenary sessions, informative workshops and targeted meetings promises knowledge gain and new business contacts.
The Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy, together with UNEP's Global Alliance for Buildings and Construction and Life Cycle Initiative, exclusively invites you to an international workshop on the whole life carbon assessments in the built environment at the BEIS Conference Centre, London. This event will be run in a hybrid format and attendees will expect to hear from international experts and policy makers and partake in workshop sessions delivering answers to common challenges.
The emerging area of whole life carbon (WLC) life cycle assessments (LCA) is varied in methodology and mandates across the world. Benefits could come from cross border knowledge-sharing on the following key aspects:
1. to share information on the different methodologies used in countries across the world and how they are developed for life cycle assessment reporting of: buildings, construction works, government procurement and construction products;
2. to gather and share policy timelines and instruments for setting mandates on life cycle assessments and targets for embodied carbon;
3. to evaluate how whole life carbon assessments can be used as levers to reduce emissions and increase data availability worldwide.
We invite policy makers, policy influencers, and technical experts in the field of WLC standards, regulations and policies, working on whole life carbon in the built environment to register to attend.
The event will be held in English.
This event is organised in a hybrid format to maximised the potential of this global gathering. Whether you are attending online or in person, we encourage you to sign up to online matchmaking sessions to indicate whether you would be available for meetings with other participants.
- Developing policy: policy options, process and challenges of implementing policy
- Methodology and consistency
- Developing data sources
How can you benefit from this event?
- Better understanding of the global landscape of WLC assessments and mandates
- Meet other global experts on WLC assessments
- Participate in consensus building around the topic
The Top 3 objectives to make your attendance a success:
- Fill in the pre-event questionnaire (Download from the side panel and upload to your profile)
- Read through the programme agenda and participate in the workshop sessions
- Meet other participants, whether in person or online!